SUBscribe below to our FIGHT VIDEO NEWSLETTER

DERRICK LEWIS vs CURTIS BLAYDES - Main Event

VIDEO

Zane Simons prediction: There’s no question Lewis has a real chance in this fight. If Blaydes struggles at all to get him down in open space, then Lewis has true one-shot KO power. And even if Blaydes does succeed getting Lewis down, as I expect he will over and over again, we’ve seen the ‘Black Beast’ survive off his back against plenty of opponents only to rally for a late knockout victory. Just put both men’s bout with Alexander Volkov side by side. Lewis got dominated throughout and still came back for the win. Blaydes dominated early and almost let Volkov come back for the win. If Lewis gets that same kind of chance, he’s got much better odds of turning it into something spectacular. Still... all that is predicated on a fight that I think Blaydes dominates early and to huge success. And while he is calm off his back, Lewis isn’t the world’s most durable, least hurt-able heavyweight. So I gotta pick Blaydes. He’ll likely have all the momentum he wants early. It’s just about holding on to it. Curtis Blaydes via TKO, round 3.

Privacy | DMCA