SUBscribe below to our FIGHT VIDEO NEWSLETTER

GANE vs ROZENSTRUIK

CIRYL GANE vs JAIRZINHO ROZENSTRUIK full fight UFC

[HD] Fight Replay by MMAshare.com

Post Fight Interview

[HD] Fight Replay by MMAshare.com

Mookie Alexander: Gane is more likely to win rounds and have the more effective minute-to-minute offense. Rozenstruik is the heavier hitter who can wipe anyone out with one big shot. To me the Overeem fight is pretty instructive of Rozenstruik against another skilled striker. He was clearly losing and was also taken down twice — an avenue Gane may consider in this matchup — before splitting Alistair’s lip in half. Gane’s outstanding kicking game and his jabs really could create all sorts of problems for Rozenstruik, and on the flipside Jair really sits down on his shots and when he has someone hurt he’s a spectacular finisher. I dislike picking heavyweight fights because usually the one with more power will win but I’m backing Gane to avoid the danger and get the W. Ciryl Gane by TKO, round 3.

Zane Simon: As technicians, this feels like a fairly simple battle. Gane works behind jabs and a diverse kicking game with much more consistency, working to set up bigger strikes further down the line. He does well to fight long, consistently, letting his reach and shot selection insulate him defensively. For Rozenstruik, so much of his style is based around planting his feet in front of his opponent and waiting for them to step in firing on him so that he can return shots from surprisingly effective angles. When he doesn’t get that chance, he tends to bull rush opponents, looking to land big shots off wild combos. That should all provide a lot of opportunity for Gane to just out-work him behind better technique. Heavyweight MMA is fraught with peril, however, and just as often totally fails to reward the patient technical fighter, in opposition to his more wild and powerful opponent. I’m still picking Gane, but Rozenstruik getting handled for a 7 or 8 minutes and then landing an absolute bomb on the counter wouldn’t shock me at all. Ciryl Gane via TKO, round 4.

Privacy | DMCA